Monday, November 22, 2010

M & j


My little girl's getting so big!  M and I have been having lots of fun lately during j's naps.  We're watching fewer movies and doing more projects, playing boardgames, doing puzzles, reading together and learning all sorts of things.  She's so curious about everything and is always wanting to know "Why?"  

She's really into numbers and "math" right now.  We use peas or M&Ms to create addition/subtraction problems, and then I write down the equation for her.  She now knows what plus, minus and equal signs are.  She also likes to practice counting to 100 with me.  Sometimes we count by 10s.  She's learning how to identify numbers over 10.  

j is starting to talk!  He can say a few words:  Papa and potty (which sound the same, but it's potty if he makes the potty sign), Mama, Dada, ball, more, Maev ("Maaa!"), bye-bye, uh-oh, and water ("wah wah").  And he'll try very hard to repeat a word or sound if you tell him to "Say _____ ."

Every morning when he wakes up he immediately says "Pa, pah" and makes the potty sign.  He likes to go first thing!  Lol  So I take him to the potty and he's always so proud of himself when he goes. :-)  He's also learning how to use a spoon and fork, and getting pretty darn good at it.  

Life is just so exciting for both of my kids right now.  They're learning new things every day, and I am loving that I get to be a witness to it.



No comments: