Sunday, June 26, 2011

Garden Update

I've barely been posting at all lately!  :-(

Well, here's an update on our backyard.

We took out half of our lawn, and we added some more garden beds for more square foot gardening.  No soil yet!  Gravel is between the beds.
 Our two raspberry bushes.  We've had one raspberry so far!
 Our two blueberry bushes and our compost pile.  The bricks behind the beds will be moved at some point.
 J made more garden beds for the other side of the yard too.  As you can see, the tomato plants have taken over.  I'm trying to keep them pruned enough so that all the plants get sun.  We've had a few ripe tomatoes and some green beans.  Our first bell pepper is almost ready. 
 These are the strawberries.  Next spring we'll put strawberries in one of the long skinny beds I think.
 That's the grapevine back there.  I pruned it quite a bit a few weeks ago.  Hopefully, I did it right.

I can't wait to have every bed filled, but that's it for a few weeks.  In a couple of days we're off to the East Coast for two weeks!

No comments: