It's election day!! I'm so excited and nervous. I'm not usually very interested in politics, but this election is important to me. I am waiting until J gets home from work, so that we can go vote together and bring M with us.
I am most concerned about Proposition 8 (in California). J and I are really hoping that it does not pass. It makes me feel sick to my stomach to know that some people want to single out 5% of the population and take away their right to marry someone they love and want to be committed to. Should we also make it illegal to get a divorce? Religious officials do not have to recognize or perform a marriage that doesn't agree with their beliefs. But legally, shouldn't everyone be allowed to get married? I will be very sad for our state if Prop 8 passes. In my opinion, it's a civil rights issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment