Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Goals for 2009 - Update #5

Goal #1: Set a good example for M of healthy living.
This has not been happening so much lately.  I still have morning sickness, and this just does not allow me to eat well all the time.  I crave potato chips, anything with sugar, lots of meat, etc.  Soda has become my friend as the bubbles help my stomach.  I am not drinking it everyday and I am certainly not giving it to M, but I am drinking it in front of her every now and then.  Exercising has also been at a minimum lately.  Although now that I am not feeling quite so exhausted and the weather is improving, we are starting to go outside again.  I am hoping that with in a month I will be able to report better news for this goal.


Goal #2:  ACCOMPLISHED!


Goal #3: Buy more things locally, especially food. Eat more foods that are in season. 
We are still eating a lot of foods that are in season.  And it will only get easier now that spring is just a few days away!  I am definitely not buying locally lately.  Need to visit our local fruit and veggie stand. 


Goal #4: LLL.
This one has really been put on the backburner.  My original goal was to do everythink required to be a Leader by June, but I have now pushed that back to September.  Being tired and sick, I just want to lay around and do nothing when I have time to myself.  In another month, I should be back on my feet with this.


Goal#5: Sewing projects
Finally!  A goal I can report good news about.  My mom and I have been working 1-2 days a week on the curtains for the family room.  We only work for about an hour and half each day because we have to do it before my mom leaves for work, but we are accomplishing something!  By the end of April, I will have family room curtains!!  Woo hoo!!


Goal #6:  Set up a clothesline in the backyard.
My friend has a retractable clothesline in her laundry room that she says is also made for outside.  I am going to  go buy one soon.  I should be able to set it up almost anywhere because it is retractable!  I'm very excited to hang up my clothes to dry someday soon!

No comments: