Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Want a Tribe!

I just read this article and I LOVE what it says!  I don't really know what else to say except that I want a friend to do this with!  It would make housework and mothering so enjoyable.  I tend to do housework when we have guests (that we know well) anyway.  I enjoy it so much more when I have someone to talk to.  Playdates and mother's groups can be fun, but you're not getting anything done!  Doing what the article suggests would allow your kids to socialize with others and allow you and your friend to accomplish some things around the house.  Why do more people not do this?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all of us would benefit from having a tribe. Found your website after doing a Google search on the name Maela, which landed me at a mothering.com discussion board you left your website link on a comment. Anyways we're expecting #3 in July our first girl and we found the name Maela which looks like a way of combining our Grandmother's names. We know it's often a surname and there are various given meanings as a girl's first name - but we have no idea what the correct pronunciation is - thought if it's your name maybe you could let us know?

L said...

Hi Larrisa! Congratulations on the coming baby! Maela is not my name; I actually just made it up as a username. It's my middle name and beginning of my maiden name. I had no idea it was an actual name! I pronounce it May-la.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. G - thanks we thought it should be said that way too. BTW Maela comes from Yishmael, a Hebrew name meaning "God hears." And it's a nickname for Ismaèla in Italian.