Reading: She knows almost all of the basic letter sounds and loves to try to spell words by sounding them out. She's always asking us, "What spells _____?"
Counting: She can count to 30, but often leaves out 14, 15, and 29. She can count objects pretty well, but if there are more than five of them, it helps if they are in a straight line.
Art: She definitely is not coloring in the lines, but she enjoys coloring and drawing and using lots of different colors. I love when she shows me a picture she drew and I can actually see that it is a person or what ever she's drawn, but most of the time I still can't. She is getting pretty good with scissors and the glue stick. She has what we call her "preschool workbook" that we do a few pages from every week. She loves it. It has a lot of cutting/pasting/coloring stuff in it.
Diapers: Still wears a pull up every night, but she has been dry most nights in the past month. During the day - underwear. She rarely has accidents now.
Things we need to work on: Sharing and not being bossy. The little girl is always telling people what to do. Also, she will grab toys from other kids and not let go even though they are visibly upset. I'm sure this will get better as she gets older and with a little encouragement from J and I.
Hmmm.....can't think of anything more to share at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with more soon. I love my little girl!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment