Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Goals for 2011 - Update #4?

It's been a while.  I just haven't been in the mood to write.  


1.  Worry less.  
I feel like I just keep getting better at this every month, and I'm considering removing it from my goal list altogether as it's been accomplished.  I've just told myself that I refuse to spend my life constantly worrying about all the horrible things that could go wrong and instead start thinking about all the lovely things that could happen.  I've told myself that I refuse to spend my life constantly trying to please other people and instead live how I want to live.  And I feel like I'm pretty much doing that now.  And I'm enjoying myself too.  

2.  Complain less.  
While I have gotten better, I definitely need to work on this one.  I think I need to post a sign (STOP COMPLAINING!) somewhere in the house.  It's not like I don't have a good life - it's just a bad habit that I need to break.  It annoys me when other people whine, so I'm sure I annoy others when I'm complaining.  I don't want to be that kind of person.  I will work on this this week!
There.  Already made two signs.  One for the kitchen and one on my bathroom mirror.

3.  Set a better example of healthy eating for my kids.
I've pretty much accomplished this one.  Wow.  I never thought I'd be able to say that.  
Okay, wait a minute.  I am setting a great example of eating healthy foods, BUT I could probably set a better example of eating the right amount of food.  I am still having trouble with overeating.  I'm going to really work on that this week.  I'll report back on Friday.  

4.  Get to my ideal weight.
I have been eating healthy foods and exercising.  However, I think that I've been gaining muscle.  That, along with the overeating, is keeping my weight from going down.  It hasn't gone up - it's stayed exactly the same for a month.  So we'll see what happens this week when I seriously cut down on the unnecessary eating.  I don't think that gaining muscle is bad.  If I don't get down to my "ideal" weight because I've gained muscle, I'll change my ideal weight.  :-)

5.  Spend more time outside.
Spring is here!!  Yes, we've been spending lots of time outside.  I'll post about our garden soon!

6.  Hang up a clothesline and start using it.  
Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about this one!  I will start figuring this out soon and will have one up by May.  

7.  Buy more things used.  
J bought a used pickup truck just the other day. :-)

No comments: