I skipped last week's update. We had an eventful and exciting week (which I will talk about later), and I couldn't give much thought to an update at the time.
Goal #1: Set a good example for M of healthy living.
We've been walking to a park that is about 10 minutes away at least 5 times a week. M is really getting interested in climbing and hanging from things; it's so cool to see! I have not had any soda or candy for a very long time now. I've also been doing pretty good about staying off the couch and computer for most of the day, and actually accomplishing things around the house. Our house is looking nicer every day!
Goal #3: Buy more things locally, especially food. Eat more foods that are in season.
We've eaten lots of in-season foods lately. I made some rutabaga muffins that were so good! I can get quite a bit of the bread made with just one rutabaga. I have some cooked and pureed rutabaga in the freezer now, so that I can make it easily any time. I think this would be a great substitute for boxed cereal for breakfast. I'd like to have more homemade muffins on hand for healthy and quick breakfasts. Tonight I'm making a cream of carrot soup. Mmmmm....
Goal #4: LLL.
I spent a couple of hours at the coffee shop again yesterday working on the resource guide.
Goal#5: Sewing projects
I finished all but one of the items of clothing that needed mending! Today, M and I went to my parents' house to work with my mom on starting the curtains for our sliding glass door in the family room. Finally! I think we will be finished in a month. I plan on going over there once a week to work on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment