While I haven't a lot to report about my work towards my goals (again), I am very proud of myself for keeping up with these updates! ;-)
Goal #1: Set a good example for M of healthy living.
We went to the park three times this week and had a lot of fun. M just LOVES the park; any park will do as long as it has a slide and swings. We also took a few walks, some fast with M in the stroller and some slow while she walked. I haven't had any soda in three weeks now! Also, I've been trying to buy a greater variety of vegetables and fruits.
Goal #3: Buy more things locally, especially food. Eat more foods that are in season.
I looked up online what foods are in season during the winter here in California. These are my choices: beets, belgian endive, broccoli, broccoli raab, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cardoons, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chicories, clementines, collard greens, escarole, fennel, grapefruit, horseradish, kale, kiwi, kohlrabi, kumquats, leeks, lemons, mandarins, oranges, pommelos, rapini, rutabagas, spinach, winter squash, sweet potatoes, tangerines, turnips, and watercress. Wow, that sure is a large selection! I love California!
Anyway, this week I bought broccoli (and made a delicious cream of broccoli soup), clementines, brussel sprouts (I cooked them with olive oil and parmesan cheese - yum!), and some leeks (which I am making tonight).
Goal #4: LLL.
I wrote up my thoughts on THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING and sent it in.
Goal#5: Sewing projects
I didn't work on any of my projects, BUT I am starting to work on the pile of clothes I have that need to be mended. I sewed three buttons back onto one of M's shirts.
No comments:
Post a Comment