Since J has been off of work this week, we've spent much of our time cleaning up the front and back yards along with the garage. They have been neglected since j's birth in October. I've raked leaves from around the flowers, mowed the lawn (we have a wonderful reel mower that I love!), swept, pulled weeds, trimmed bushes, picked flowers for our vases, built a compost bin out of concrete blocks (picture to come), and planted our vegetable garden (we just plant seedlings that we buy from the local nursery). I love this kind of physical work. It's exercise that is actually accomplishing something. And it feels so good to be working outside in the sunshine!
J put up this pegboard in the garage to help us organize some of our tools. It looks so orderly!
This is the arugula I planted. I haven't tried this in the garden before, but I've used it in meals a few times, so I thought it could be useful to have around.
We're trying strawberries this year too. I'm nervous about these for some reason. I really don't want to mess them up.
No comments:
Post a Comment