I am turning 30 in 2011, so I feel like it's an extra important year to make and keep resolutions. Here they are:
1.) Worry less
I worry WAY too much. About my health, J's health, the kids' health, what people think of me, potential accidents, confrontations, etc. This year I want to focus on letting all that go. I'm just going to do the best I can and know that I can't have control over everything and everyone. And not everyone is going to be happy with me all the time - or even like me at all. I am going to work on being okay with that.
2.) Complain less
This one was one of last year's goals, and I'm making it a goal again. I have a great life. I have all that I could ever need and more. What do I have to complain about?
3.) Set a better example of healthy eating for my kids.
I'm going to eat less sugar and fewer processed foods. I'm going to eat a lot more fruits and vegetables. I'm also going to work on setting a better example of eating a healthy amount. I have a big problem with overeating, and I really don't want to pass that on to my kids by being a bad example for them.
2.) Complain less
This one was one of last year's goals, and I'm making it a goal again. I have a great life. I have all that I could ever need and more. What do I have to complain about?
3.) Set a better example of healthy eating for my kids.
I'm going to eat less sugar and fewer processed foods. I'm going to eat a lot more fruits and vegetables. I'm also going to work on setting a better example of eating a healthy amount. I have a big problem with overeating, and I really don't want to pass that on to my kids by being a bad example for them.
4.) Get to my ideal weight.
15 more pounds to go.
5.) Spend more time outside.
6.) Hang up a clothesline and start using it.
I'm really going to do it this year! Starting this spring.
I'm really going to do it this year! Starting this spring.
7.) Buy more things used.
More Craigslist, garage sales, Goodwill, etc. I want to make it a habit to look for what I want second-hand before going to the store for what I need.
More Craigslist, garage sales, Goodwill, etc. I want to make it a habit to look for what I want second-hand before going to the store for what I need.
2 comments:
just found your blog today when searching "elimination communication". i hope you achieve your goals in 2011!! i use a clothesline and LOVE it but it is how i grew up; we didnt have a drier in our house until i was 19 and my mom got cancer so my dad was like "we better buy her a drier to make laundry easier". quite funny now (mom is just fine and happily using the drier). i also want to lose 15 lbs! or at least 13 to get back to pre-pregnancy weight.
basebell6, thanks for the encouragement! And I'm glad to hear your mother is well!
I haven't actually written about elimination communication on the blog - maybe I should!
Post a Comment