1.) Worry less
I think I've actually made progress here! I keep reminding myself that I can't be in control of everything and that I need to do what I can and then let things go.
2.) Complain less
I think I'm getting better at this one too. Lately, I've been trying to focus on how I act when I'm frustrated. I tend to want to yell, throw things and cuss (just like my Dad!); but I've really been working on setting a good example for my kids. I don't want them to pick up my bad habit. So I try to think about how I would want them to learn to react when they are frustrated with something. I say something about how frustrated I am (without the four-letter words), walk away from it or ask someone for help, and try again later when I am calmer.
3.) Set a better example of healthy eating for my kids.
Haven't made much progress with this one yet.
4.) Get to my ideal weight.
So I haven't been eating much better than usual, but I have been exercising every other day since Christmas. J exercises one day, I exercise the next, and so on... I'm going to force myself to keep this up.
5.) Spend more time outside.
Yesterday the kids and I spent at least two hours outside! And few days ago we actually went to the park, which we hadn't done for a while because it's so cold (and I can be a baby).
Yesterday the kids and I spent at least two hours outside! And few days ago we actually went to the park, which we hadn't done for a while because it's so cold (and I can be a baby).
6.) Hang up a clothesline and start using it.
I'm not going to worry about this one until March.
I'm not going to worry about this one until March.
7.) Buy more things used.
We have made a couple of purchases from Home Depot, but only because we had gift certificates from Christmas. And I did do a quick search on Craigslist before we went, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
We have made a couple of purchases from Home Depot, but only because we had gift certificates from Christmas. And I did do a quick search on Craigslist before we went, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment