I am in love with our library! It takes me 15 minutes to ride my bike to the nearest branch of the county library. It's a small building without a lot of books, but I take the kids to story time every Monday. We drop off our books that are due and pick out new ones. Through the library website, I can reserve books from any of the libraries in the county and have them sent to our little branch. I can put books on hold and have them sent to our library on a specific date months from now. I'm sure this is true with most library systems, but I just discovered this a couple of years ago (I can be a little behind the times sometimes). I still can't get over how useful this is.
So of course I've combed through the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Winter Solstice, and Christmas children's book lists on Amazon and figured out which ones I want us to have during the holidays. I have put them on hold, and they will be sent to our library on the appropriate dates. I've also gone through quite a few lists of popular books for kindergartners and put those on hold for M. With dates spread throughout the year, so that we always have a good book (or 20) to read. I know, maybe a little overboard. Maybe I'm a little too crazy. But I LOVE books. I do the same with books for myself. We are definitely a family that loves to read!
No comments:
Post a Comment