Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Travel Bug

I'm getting the itch to travel again.  It comes every few months.  I get obsessed with backpacker/travel blogs for a few weeks and get (crazy?) ideas of selling all our stuff and making a round-the-world trip until I come to the realization that now is just not a good time for us.  J is a little more level-headed than I am when it comes to this kind of stuff, so I let him make the final decisions.

We did have our two week East coast trip this summer, and that helped a lot with the itch.  What was really weird though, was that I didn't want to go home when the two weeks were over.  Usually I can't wait to travel, but I'm SO ready to get back home by the end of the trip.  As much as we like traveling, J and I get lonely and homesick easily.  I think that this time was different because we had the kids with us.  There's no way you can be lonely with a two and four year old along for the ride.  So now I'm looking forward to the four of us going on a bigger and longer trip.  We're thinking of starting with Germany and Austria, but probably not for a few more years.

                                                    ------------------------------------

I get to go to Hawaii in a couple of weeks!!  Our friend is getting married and J is one of the best men.  I originally wasn't going to go because, at the time of plane ticket buying, I didn't know how j would handle being left with the grandparents.  Now we're pretty positive the kids will be okay for three nights without us, so I'm going.  I'm excited to be in the humidity again (seriously)!  And a plane ride without kids sounds absolutely delightful.  Even the 2 hour layover in L.A. sounds fun.  I've got three magazines and one book saved for the occasion.  I won't embarrass myself by divulging the titles of said magazines and book - they are purely for relaxation.  ;-)

No comments: