Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Lovely Weekend Away


Last weekend I took my first long weekend away from my kids.  To Maui!  I was flying by myself for the first time.  It was so fun!  I met J there (we had different flights - I think I explained in another post), and we attended a good friend's wedding.  The time to myself was so refreshing!

Maui was great.  Before leaving for the airport, I checked online to see what the weather was supposed to be like that weekend.  It said rain, rain and more rain, but it actually only rained once briefly.  The rest of the time was sunny and warm - and humid. My skin loved it!

We spent our time swimming, snorkeling, hiking, walking, sunbathing, drinking and reading.  It was very relaxing.  And it was very special to have so much time together without interruptions from the kids.  We did miss them though.  ;-)


No comments: