I know, it's still 2011. What am I doing posting a goal update already? The answer is that I just couldn't wait. I spent the whole month of December eating poorly, exercising rarely, and not getting enough sleep or sunshine. Add to that a bit of stress from the holidays and getting my wisdom teeth out. I felt pretty crappy. So I decided to start working on my goals the day after Christmas. Here it is Day 4, and I'm starting to feel better.
Think positively and stop worrying. It's going well.
Be grateful and stop complaining. Check!
Get as much sunshine as I can. Not bad. I've taken two bike rides, a walk to the park, and played in the backyard this week. Maybe I'll go outside and read after finishing this post. The weather has been nice (although we could really use some rain here!), which helps.
Avoid sugar. Yup! I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment (I'm home alone and there are lots of goodies still here from Christmas), but I'm determined not to give in!
Avoid grains. Yes, and I feel so much better! No more bloated feeling (despite being close to that time of the month). I did feel bloated last night after eating too many salted pistachios and peanuts. So today I promised myself that I'd stay away from nuts for a couple of days, and I'm feeling better.
Get more sleep. This one hasn't really been happening yet. Tonight is the night that I go to bed early!
Exercise. Check!! Every day. Monday I took a long bike ride. Tuesday was strength training type stuff. Wednesday a short bike ride (with both kids and a ton of books) to the library. And today more strength training. Way to go me! I feel great!
Two non-health related goals for this year: learning to quilt and learning to play the fiddle. I'll try to post often about my progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment