Friday, December 16, 2011

My Goals for 2012

This coming year's goal list is going to have a theme - my health.  I'm not an extremely unhealthy person by today's standards, but I feel like there is a lot of room for improvement.  I'm excited to discover just how good I can feel when I really focus on myself.  I've spent the last five years concentrating on my children and parenting.  Now that they're both out of the baby stage, I feel like it's time to give myself some much needed attention.  And in doing so, I'll be setting a good example for them anyway.  So here are my goals for 2012:

1.)  Think positively and stop worrying.

2.)  Be grateful and stop complaining.

3.)  Get as much sunshine as I can.  

4.)  Avoid sugar like the plague.  Except fruit and the occasional square of dark chocolate. *

5.)  Avoid grains.  They make me feel yucky. *

6.)  Get more sleep.  A few months ago I read Lights Out by T. S. Wiley.  I definitely don't agree with everything the author says, but a lot of it does make sense to me.  Humans didn't evolve with electricity.  We evolved to sleep when it's dark and be awake when there is light.  We need MUCH more sleep than we are currently getting, and the lack of sleep is severely affecting our health.  Anyway, I'm going to do my best this coming year to get a lot more sleep than I did this last year.  Psst!  Kids, did you hear that??  Maybe you could help me here.  

7.)  Exercise according to this:

*I have ten "cheat days" (mostly holidays) that I've noted on my calendar for 2012.  

No comments: