Get more sleep. Unfortunately, I've been getting less. My kids have not slept well the past couple of weeks. They slept seven hours in a row in their own beds a few days ago. That was nice, but it is not the norm. :-( Boo.
Get more sunshine. Not as much lately. I've been busy with inside-the-house projects. One of them being painting, which is so boring (and headache inducing). We're planning on renting out our house sometime in the next couple of years, and our walls are still not finished after almost four years. However, today we were outside a lot gardening. And the next few days are supposed to be warm and sunny, so we'll be outside a lot more this week.
Avoid sugar. I'm still having a huge problem with honey! And peanut butter. Honey and peanut butter together. Mmmmm..... But the last couple of days have been good. I've stayed strong.
Avoid grains. Easy!!
Exercise. Yes! I'm amazing.
Think positively and stop worrying. Also good.
Be grateful and stop complaining. I've been complaining about our home. Specifically the very small backyard. I want our kids to have space to run around. I want to have a tire swing hanging from a huge oak tree. I want a trampoline. I want space for a bigger compost pile. I want chickens. I want a clothesline. I want a small orchard of fruit and nut trees. But I need to be grateful for what I have. Our backyard is tiny, but beautiful and full of growing food! And some day we will have a bigger yard. I just have to be patient.
2 comments:
Ugh! It's so hard to keep humble isn't it. I also get the case of the wants--or as I like to call it the "our lives would be better if..."
The key is to really appreciate what we have, you are right!
Sleep is a hard one...but gets easier when the kids get older. I only use a miniscule amount of honey in a baked treat on occasion, the key is to just not buy it and have it around...but who "really" does that
and as for the peanut butter...I eat almond butter that I make by the TBLSP full...with dark chocolate it is to die for! of course this is used for medicinal purposes only (PMS) *giggle*
I like almond butter too, but not quite as much as peanut butter when it's with honey. I would stop buying peanut butter except that my husband and daughter would probably kill me. ;-)
How do you make your almond butter? Just grinding up some almonds or is there a secret to it?
Post a Comment