I cannot believe that we're so close to the official start of Spring! This year we haven't had more than a few days at a time of 'wintery' weather where I live. Bad for our gardens and crops, I know, but great for my emotional health. I wouldn't say that I get depressed during the Winter, but I do feel so much happier during Spring. And I'm pretty sure it has to do with the sun being out more. So this Winter has been good for me.
We finally have all seven of our garden beds (16 sq. ft. each) filled with soil. Today I planted carrot, radish, spinach, green onion, and green lettuce seeds in one of the beds. Next weekend I'll do another bed. I'm not yet sure what it will be.
Cats are still pooping in our garden. The people at our local nursery told me to try using cocoa shells as a mulch. Cats don't like the smell or feel of them. I had never heard of that before, but I bought a bag because it was fairly cheap (and it smells really good). It did stop them for a few days. And even though they have started again, it's not as much. So I guess it was worth it.
2 comments:
We are leaving for California this week and are very excited to spend some time in the sunshine and much milder weather than here in Canada,
Happy Spring!
Enjoy the sunshine!
Post a Comment