Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Back!

What a lovely, peaceful week! It was very nice to have the computer off and put away in another room. There was no temptation to turn it on. It actually felt very freeing. I used the phone book and my cookbooks! (Usually I use the Internet in place of these things.) I am thinking about keeping the computer off 5 days out of the week from now on. Of course, this means that my posting will be more infrequent. But maybe the posts will be of higher quality! ;-)



Highlights of my week:

Monday - I saw two hummingbirds in the garden. They were beautiful, and they stuck around for quite some time. They enjoyed the flowers on the basil plants.

Tuesday - My mom, M, and I went shopping for fabric for the curtains that I am eventually going to make for our sliding glass door in the family room. I can't wait to get these done, as it gets so hot in the late afternoon when the sun is shining into the room through the glass.

I also painted a good chunk of our hallway. I didn't finish because I ran out of paint, so I'll have to make another trip to the store.

Wednesday - Painted some of the kitchen. Spent lots of time outside with M cleaning up the backyard and playing.

Thursday - Made homemade pasta sauce to go with our penne for dinner. It was very good! Went to an art fair downtown with J and M and met some cool people there.

Friday - Babysat my friend's 5 month old. Very fun and challenging with M around. Luckily, my mom and mother-in-law spent some time hanging out with us and helping me handle the two babies.

No comments: