Friday, January 27, 2012

2012 Goal Update #3

Get more sleep.  Not much of a change here.  I have so many interests and hobbies at the moment, and that makes it really hard to want to go to sleep and end the free time I have after the kids are put to bed.  But I know it's good for me to get a healthy amount of sleep, so I'll keep trying...

Get more sunshine.  This week our rain finally came, so I didn't spend as much time outside as I'd have liked.  It was sunny for a bit this afternoon though, and we all spent some time in the backyard soaking it up.  

Avoid sugar.  I slipped yesterday and had some honey.  It was so good!  Otherwise, I've done well.

Avoid grains.  Tortilla chips.  I've mentioned before how difficult it is for me to turn those down.  Well, they got me last weekend, but I only had a few.

Exercise.  This is the one that I can brag about!  I've exercised every day.  I can feel my body getting stronger.  Even when I'm having some bad days with lots of overeating or not a lot of sleep, I've forced myself to just get up and do it.  And really, most of the time I look forward to exercising and I enjoy it.

Think positively and stop worrying.  I've had a couple of days of feeling negative this past week, but mostly things have been good.

Be grateful and stop complaining.  Another one I feel like I can brag about!  I don't think I complain much at all anymore.  I have my moments, of course, like everyone.  But it's different now.  I can snap out of it quickly and remember how lucky I am to have my life.  Life is pretty darn good right now.  No, we don't have a lot of money, our house is a bit too small for us, and I'd like to be thinner; but we're healthy, we have food and a home, we're safe, the kids are sleeping better lately, the house is mostly clean, and we get to spend a good amount of time together as a family.  I have so much to be thankful for.



No comments: