Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Night With Friends

I had five very good friends over last night, while J took the kids to his parents.  We had planned to play games.  Most of us are mothers, so having a night like that is a rare treat.  We ended up not playing a single game, and instead sitting around the table with drinks and good food and talking for seven(!) hours.  It was a lot of fun!

I said I would report back in my last post about how I did avoiding the many temptations last night.  There were no chips and salsa as I had thought.  However, there was a lot of candy, one of my weaknesses; and there were lots of snacky foods with grains and who knows what else.  I didn't eat any of it.  Okay, I take that back.  I unthinkingly started eating a cracker until I realized what I was doing.  :-)  And, of course, I allowed myself a few squares of dark chocolate.

Anyway, not only did I have a fabulous time last night, but it's great to feel proud of myself for actually following through with my goals this year.  I know it's only halfway through January, but I can feel that this is for real.

And now it has to be because I just publicly announced it on my blog.

Last night I had a dream that I weighed myself and I was still the weight I always am (which very well could be true).  The cool thing was that I told J - in my dream -  that I didn't care.  "Who cares?  I'm feeling great, and I know I'm healthier now than I was in December."  I don't think I'm ever going to weigh myself again.

No comments: