We're having a big problem with our cats thinking the garden beds are litter boxes. Every few days I'm having to sift through their choice boxes - I mean beds - and remove the poop. Nasty! How bad is that for our health? Seriously, if anybody knows, please let me know! I've removed a few seedlings that the poop has actually touched. Luckily, the cats usually like to poop in the non-planted beds that just have dirt in them.
Anyway, here is a picture of our broccoli and collard greens! I think the broccoli is ready to be harvested. I'm going to do that today, along with pulling some weeds.
One of the broccoli plants.
Collards. We've already had some of these. Yum!
The bright orange things at the bottom of this picture are orange peels. I read somewhere that they might deter cats. I don't think they are working. The cats don't poop under these plants, but there are carrot and spinach seedlings right next to these that the cats have been digging up.
No comments:
Post a Comment